In the Seeking Allah, Finding Jesus course, author and former Muslim Nabeel Qureshi introduces students to effective strategies for engaging Muslims in spiritual discussions.
Incorporating the powerful story and arguments he shared in his book Seeking Allah, Finding Jesus, Nabeel Qureshi in this course takes students deeper into apologetics and evangelism among Muslims. In eight lessons, he explores Muslim culture, the most common Muslim objections to Christianity, and the core doctrines upon which Islam stands or falls.
Compassionate and clear, the Seeking Allah Finding Jesus course will be a useful training tool for pastors, outreach leaders, and any believers wanting to winsomely engage Muslims in spiritual conversations.
SPECIAL NOTE: Because the online content of this particular course is half that of a normal three credit course, additional assignments and testing will be required to increase the credit value of this course. These requirements will be outlined more fully in the syllabus for this course; however, most additional assignments, and testing will focus on No God but One: Allah or Jesus?, Nabeel Qureshi's sequel to Seeking Allah, Finding Jesus: A Devout Muslim Encounters Christianity.
- a better understanding of Muslim history, culture, and beliefs
- insight into the core areas of disagreement between Christian and Muslim teachings
- tools for winsomely presenting the case for Jesus and the Christian faith to Muslims
- encouragement in your own faith and a deeper compassion for those who don’t know Jesus as the Savior who takes away their sins
- confidence in your growing knowledge developed through personalized review sessions and unit assessments
M.D. from Eastern Virginia Medical School; Ph.D., University of Oxford (in progress)
Nabeel Qureshi is a speaker with Ravi Zacharias International Ministries. He holds an M.D. from Eastern Virginia Medical School, an M.A. in Christian apologetics from Biola University, and an M.A. in religion from Duke University. He is the author of Seeking Allah, Finding Jesus: A Devout Muslim Encounters Christianity; Answering Jihad: A Better Way Forward; and No God But One—Allah or Jesus. Qureshi has lectured at Oxford, Columbia, Dartmouth, Cornell, Johns Hopkins, and the University of Hong Kong. He is finishing his doctorate at Oxford. Christianity Today heralded Qureshi as one of “33 Under 33” in its cover story on emerging religious leaders in July 2014.
PART 1 - Seeking Allah, Finding Jesus
1. Understanding Muslims (parts 1+2 in the book)
2. Testing the New Testament (part 3)
3. Coming to the Crux (part 4)
4. Jesus: Mortal Messiah or Divine Son of God? (part 5)
5. The Case for the Gospel (part 6)
6. The Truth About Muhammad (part 7)
7. The Holiness of the Quran (part 8)
8. Reaching Your Muslim Neighbor (parts 9+10)
9. MIDTERM EXAM
PART 2 - No God But One: Allah or Jesus?
10. Sharia or the Gospel? Two Different Solutions
11. Tawhid or Trinity? Two Different Gods
12. Muhammad or Jesus? Two Different Founders
13. The Quran or the Bible? Two Different Scriptures
14. Jihad or the Crusades? Two Different Holy Wars
15. Did Jesus Die on the Cross?
16. Did Jesus Rise from the Dead?
17. Did Jesus Claim to Be God?
18. Is Muhhamad a Prophet of God?
19. Is the Quran the Word of God?
20: Conclusion: Is the Truth Worth Dying For?
21. FINAL EXAM
This Course is based on two books by Nabeel Qureshi, Seeking Allah, Finding Jesus: A Devout Muslim Encounters Christianity and No God But One—Allah or Jesus? While taking this course, you will have online access to most of this first book's contents. However, if you want offline access or want this book in your personal library as a long-term reference, you may purchase it by clicking on the button to the right which will link you to amazon.ca.