Basics of Biblical Hebrew 2 is the second part of a two-course series designed to introduce you to the Hebrew language of the Old Testament.
Using the best inductive and deductive approaches to classical language, Basics of Biblical Hebrew uses actual examples from the Hebrew Old Testament rather than made-up illustrations and emphasizes understanding the structural pattern of the Hebrew language rather than rote memorization.
Designed for self-learners and academic students looking to refresh their knowledge of Hebrew, this course is supported by the best-selling textbook Basics of Biblical Hebrew Grammar.
All course material—instructional videos, readings, practice exercises, quizzes, and vocabulary review—is available online for study at your own convenience.
- the foundational knowledge required to begin studying the Old Testament in its original Hebrew
- deeper familiarity with and knowledge of the building blocks of classical Hebrew, including sentence syntax
- more extensive knowledge of Hebrew verbs and their various forms
- confidence in your growing knowledge through personalized review sessions, unit assessments, and award-winning memory building tools
Gary D. Pratico
Th.D., Harvard Divinity School
Gary D. Pratico is professor of Old Testament and director of the Hebrew language program at Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary. He has been teaching Hebrew for nearly thirty years.
Miles Van Pelt
Ph.D., Southern Baptist Theological Seminary
Miles Van Pelt is the Alan Belcher Professor of Old Testament and Biblical Languages, Director of Summer Institute for Biblical Languages, and Academic Dean at Reformed Theological Seminary, Jackson, Mississippi.
1. Qal Imperative, Cohortative, Jussive
2. Pronominal Suffixes on Verbs
3. Qal Infinitive [Construct and Absolute]
4. Qal Participle
5. Issues of Sentence Syntax
6. Niphal – Strong
7. Niphal – Weak
8. Piel – Strong
9. MIDTERM EXAM
10. Piel – Weak
11. Pual – Strong
12. Pual – Weak
13. Hiphil – Strong
14. Hiphil – Weak
15. Hophal – Strong and Weak
16. Hitphael – Strong and Weak
18. FINAL EXAM
This Course is based on the book Basics of Biblical Hebrew by Gary D. Pratico and Miles Van Pelt. While taking this course, you will have online access to most of this book's contents. However, if you want off line access or want this book in your personal library as a long-term reference, you may purchase it by clicking on the button to the right which will link you to amazon.ca.
In addition to the course textbook, a variety of supplementary learning aids are available for this course including a workbook and audio of Hebrew vocabulary available for purchase at amazon.ca.