Basics of Biblical Greek 1
Basics of Biblical Greek 1 is the first part of a two-course series designed to introduce you to the Greek language of the New Testament era. Designed for beginners and seasoned students looking to refresh their knowledge of Greek, this course is supported by the textbook Basics of Biblical Greek, 3rd Edition.
All course material—instructional videos, audio recordings, readings, and vocabulary review—is available online for study at your own convenience.
By completing this course, you'll gain:
- a firm grasp on the building blocks of New Testament Greek, including the Greek alphabet, pronunciation, and punctuation
- foundational knowledge of Greek nouns, pronouns, prepositions, and verbs
- confidence in your growing knowledge through unit assessments and cutting-edge vocabulary building tools
William D. Mounce
Ph.D., Aberdeen University and President of BiblicalTraining.org
William D. Mounce lives and writes in Washougal, Washington. As the president of BiblicalTraining.org, he offers world-class educational resources for discipleship in the local church. He has served as a preaching pastor and was a professor of New Testament and director of the Greek Program at Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary. He is the author of the bestselling Greek textbook, Basics of Biblical Greek, and many other resources. He was the New Testament chair of the English Standard Version translation of the Bible, and serves on the NIV translation committee. Learn more at billmounce.com.
1. The Greek Language
2. Alphabet, Pronunciation, Punctuation, and Syllabification
3. Beginning Nouns
4. Genitive and Dative
5. Prepositions, εἶμι, and Adjectives
6. Third Declension Nouns
7. First and Second Person Personal Pronouns
9. MIDTERM EXAM
10. Demonstrative Pronouns/Adjectives
11. Relative Pronoun
12. Introduction to Verbs and Present Active Indicative
13. Contract Verbs
14. Present Middle/Passive Indicative
15. Future Active/Middle Indicative
16. Verbal Roots, and Other Forms of the Future
18. FINAL EXAM
Course Textbook and Resources
This Course is based on the book Basics of Biblical Greek by William D. Mounce. While taking this course, you will have online access to most of this book's contents. However, if you want off line access or want this book in your personal library as a long-term reference, you may purchase it by clicking on the button to the right which will link you to amazon.ca.
In addition to the course textbook, a variety of supplementary learning aids are available for this course including a workbook, vocabulary cards, and a laminated summary sheet of Greek paradigms which can also be found on amazon.ca.